6:45 PM

My Kitchen is Done!!

Posted by Heather |

I have completed my kitchen redo finally!! I started off last fall and painted the large wall in my kitchen a dark eggplant purple. We have wainscoting that we painted black for the backsplash. It finally came to me what I wanted to do to decorate it inexpensively.

Here is the view of the kitchen from the dining room:


Above the cupboards on the left side I used canvases that I covered in coordinating fabric to create the background. I used a black Fiestaware vase that I had and bought some beaded sprigs from a local store to go inside of the vase. I also had 2 black ceramic vases that I used.


I recently got a new camera so to showcase some of the photographs I have taken I printed 4 of may favorites in black and white and bought cheap black frames for them. The casserole at the top of the shelf is also another Fiestaware piece that I had. I bought the four little candle holders at Dollar Tree.


Here is another view of the upper corner cupboards...


This is the view of my kitchen from the left side.



I continued with the canvases. I also added a black mixing bowl I had and draped a vine of crystals over the edge of the bowl. Another black ceramic vase with tan, brown and black beaded sprigs!!


Drum Roll Please!!! I should have taken some before pictures...my husband and I have this island in the middle of our kitchen. It was the first piece of furniture we picked out and bought for our new home 8 years ago!! For less than $10 we have made it a new piece!! It was painted a dark green and had dark green tiles on the top. I painted the bottom with black paint that I had left over from another project...the tiles we found on clearance at Home Depot for .40 each!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment